Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Accept Nothing Les: Woodgrain Gibson Les Paul (Studio Model)

Ever since I began the "skeletons" project last month, I've been trying to think of a follow up to "Your Board Sucks". (Steep Spiral Staircase: December 24th, 2009) I contemplated a skeleton behind a drum kit, but over the last week, became caught up in drawing all of the components to a Gibson Les Paul, my brother's instrument of choice and, for my money, the finest looking solid body electric guitar in the galaxy. After several days of painstakingly detailed work creating each individual screw, knob and switch, I suddenly found myself beyond the point of no return. It took much longer than I had anticipated, but finally applied the finishing touches this afternoon: the strings, the tuning pegs and the transparent pick guard. (Click here for a closer look.)

No comments:

Post a Comment